Friday, January 14, 2011

Confession...

I LOVE Debbie Diller.  :)  I was not introduced to her books until last year.  The county I am employed by offered a work study with other colleagues and we went through her entire Literacy Work Stations book.  During this time...we offered advice, collaborated, and came up with our stations.  These stations have been the most valuable thing I've implemented into my curriculum thus far and not to mention, my students love them! If you do not have the book, I highly recommend it! You can check out some pictures of my Literacy Work Stations here: Literacy Work Stations.
While these are going so wonderfully I couldn't help but think, "Wouldn't it be great if there was a Math Work Stations book?"  Well friends, have no fear...it is here!  If you've ever questioned how to make math stations work, you'll find this photo-filled, idea-packed resource invaluable.  This book details how to set up, manage, and keep math stations going throughout the year. There's even a chapter devoted solely to organizing and using math manipulatives.  Sounds like a teacher's dream!
Go ahead and pre order your book...they plan on shipping in February.  I cannot wait for mine to arrive.  Check out the online version of the book here and order your copy today: Stenhouse Publishing. This is certainly something I cannot live without....Have a great weekend! 
~Miss E

2 comments:

Leslie @KindergartenWorks said...

Glad you've found something that energizes you so! Keep us posted on your thoughts for when you give it a try! Enjoy your snow days!
-Leslie
kindergartenworks.blogspot.com

Denise Skelton said...

I'm so glad that study group was beneficial! I think her book is a must have for all teachers!!! I want to get the math one, but I'd be doing math stations by myself at home! :)