Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I stinking love Target!

I'm so excited about being a guest blogger on Target Treasures! I hope Hadar is enjoying her time in Israel. I pretty much wiped out the dollar section the other day at Target...see that post {here}. So, I thought I would try to blog about something else. Check out this shower curtain liner I picked up for $1.34! 
That's about as good as a dollar deal - right? Target has their Room Essentials Shower Curtain liner for $2.34 and with this Target printable coupon {here}, you can score this deal for cheap. I recommend picking up the solid white liner rather than the clear one. I think it would be easier for students to see. (Please note: make sure you print the $1 Room Essentials Shower Items coupon) Then, I got to thinking, what can I do with this? Here are some good ideas:

From Little Giraffes, she suggests you:
Cut a shower curtain in half and draw out the keyboard from the computer, just the numbers and letters. Have the students (spell) tap out (with the fly swatter) their names at the beginning of the year and word wall words later in the year.  This is an easy center also because it can be folded up and put away so easily. And, use the other half of the shower curtain and divide it into 24 rectangles. Write a star word in each rectangle. They tap on the words they know or throw beanbags and read the words.


On another hand, I am a little bit of a clean freak! ;-) Ok - a lot a bit! But...what teacher isn't? We MUST bring our stuff home and sanitize it each year, other wise - could you imagine? Yuck! While, I'm so not a fan of washing the millions of items I have to wash...it's necessary. I decided to put most of my things in the dishwasher, versus soaking in bleach and going through all that trouble. Brilliant - right? Not so much! Half of the items slipped through the cracks and about melted during the drying process. ha While I was shopping @ Target, I stumbled across lingerie bags in the $1 section. (they came 2 per pack - score!) Here is what I did:
I put my items in the lingerie bags and stuck them in the dishwasher. They washed and did NOT fall through the cracks. Success! You could also stick your math foam blocks in these and toss them in the washing machine, too. Yipee! Do not dry them though! ;-) Have YOU found any good Target Treasures lately? Please share! ~Miss E

P.S. There is still time to enter my {giveaway} - what are you waiting for?

2 comments:

Fran Kramer said...

Dear Erin,
Dr. Jean has an activity where you put all the sight words on a shower curtain and kids swat them when the teacher calls out a word!
Fun, fun, fun.
I love the keyboard idea so much.
Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

Erin Eberhart said...

Yay, thanks Fran. I'll check it out. I loveeee Dr. Jean! :)
P.S. I'm praying for your bloggy situation. I hope that doesn't detour you from posting freebies and what not on your site. You are such an inspiration to teachers and we appreciate all you do. Keep it up!
Erin