Friday, July 6, 2012

Gingerbread Man Loose in the School

Hey guys! I hope everyone had a great 4th! Mine was awesome and filled with family, friends, fun, and fireworks. I may or may not have gotten a little crafty with the fruit pizza! ;-) Check this out!
Um...hello! It was de-lish! God Bless the USA and Pinterest!

Anyways, my sweet friend Nikki over at Melonheadz Illustrating just finished the most awesome bundle for me. It accompanies this book! Ever read it? 
It's so cute! I do a big back to school unit using the Gingerbread Man book each year. I wrote a post about it last August {here}. To jog your memory, here is a picture:
My students always have SO much fun searching the school for gingerbread clues and meeting the faculty/staff along the way. It's a great way to introduce all of the employees and rules/expectations for hallway behavior. 
Afterwards, we always come back to the room for a treat and coloring sheet. Several of you all asked me about this last year and I finally put a packet together! This packet features over 40 pages and all the goodies you need for a successful Gingerbread Man/Back to School extravaganza! ha This $4 unit includes: a gingerbread glyph, retelling bags, teacher retelling pieces, graphing, cutting practice, venn diagram, scavenger hunt, character analysis, and more! Here is a sneak peek:
The first person to comment on this post will receive this unit for FREE! So, what are you waiting for?! Run...run...as fast as you can....over to my TpT store and catch a copy of this cute Gingerbread unit today! TGIF!

18 comments:

Taryn Ryan said...

Shucks! I thought I was going to be first! :)

Kindertrips said...

This is just precious!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Amy said...

It looks great. Amy

Unknown said...

LOVE it!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

Lisa R. said...

This is a great idea!! It looks adorable Erin! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Erica said...

I just posted something similar last week on TPT if you want to take a look at it. I will send it to you for free and you can tell me what you think.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Fun-with-The-Gingerbread-Man

Erica

Mrs. Shelton said...

Thanks so much! I was working on a gingerbread unit as well, but you beat me to it! We've done GB man every year for our first 3 days. I just found this book last year in May and am so excited to use it! Thanks again. I've added it to my wishlist!

Sarah
Kindergarten Korner

Chrissy said...

I love gingerbread men! This book is great; I do the cookie search closer to Christmas. The whole school gets a giggle from helping the kindergartners in their search!

Hopping over to TpT :-)
ReadWriteSing

Eileen Griffin said...

This looks too cute! I will have to check it out.

Tangelia C. said...

Come check out my blog! I have nominated you for two awards!

Suzanne said...

First of all, YUM! That looks so delicious! Second of all, I can't wait to check out your unit. We do the gingerbread man at the start of school.

Caring4kinders.blogspot.com

Sara said...

LOVE THIS BOOK!!! I always use it during December during my gingerbread unit, but love the idea of using as back to school!

Learning with Mrs. Brinn said...

Looks delicious! Such a cute book- we use g-man too!

I nominated you for some awards. If you would like to see, please visit:
Learning With Mrs. Brinn

mrsjanellebush said...

I do the Gingerbread search with my Kinders on the first day of school every year. I love your packet. It is so cute!
Mrs. Janelle

http://mrsjanelleskindergarten.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

Wow! Fabulous work. I'm sending my kindergarten teachers your way!
Stop by my blog- I gave you an award!

Stacy
Leading and Reading

Linda said...

I love your flag pizza!

Cori Wolff said...

I lllooovvvee this book! Found it last year and the kids had a fun tie with it. Changes up the school scavenger hunt

Liz Mccaw said...

This book looks perfect. I do the Gingerbread hunt every September for my Kinders as well.

Thanks for sharing I'm going to visit you tpt store and have a closer look at your gingerbread unit.

Liz :)

http://crazyforkindergarten68.blogspot.ca/