Friday, April 12, 2013

My 1st Five for Friday!


I'm so excited to be linking up this week. I read the Five for Friday posts all the time but haven't participated yet. I actually remembered to snap a photo today and get some others throughout the week. Yay for me! Ok...so my five.....here goes:

1. I spent a wonderful week in sunny/rainy Destin, Florida {with my sweetie} over Spring Break. Coming home, and returning to work on Monday, was tough. Good thing is....27 1/2 days of school left - but who is counting? :)
2. When we got home, aside from having the stomach bug, I spent some time on the farm with Will. He actually let me drive the tractor and move some round bales. I did this successfully! No cows were harmed, nothing was run over, and I didn't hit anything. This is a BIG deal, people. I'm really good at backing up - go figure? 
3. My sister and brother in law announced they were having a baby and I boo hooed like a newborn. I'm for real. Ugly girl cried. Soo stinkin' excited! They had their 19 week ultra sound on Tuesday and held a "Gender Reveal Party" at Mom and Dad's. They opened the bag and out popped BLUE balloons. It's a BOY!!! I have a little nephew on the way and cannot WAIT to spoil, cuddle, and love that little squirt. He is gonna love his "E" so much, I just know it. {sigh} Now, if September 4th will just hurry up and get here....
4. Yesterday, we went on a Field Trip to a museum in our area called Hands On! My students loved it and had a great time. Their traveling exhibit was on dinosaurs and they had HUGE robotic dinos that got my kinders so excited for our upcoming unit. In the "Science Lab" part of the museum,  students got to play with a volcano. Tradition at Hands On is that you name your volcano before erupting it.....what did my students choose to name it? Lava Ball! ha ha Hilarious. One of my parents snapped this photo with her phone...look at me standing on a stool to get a fun picture. Mercy...the things I do. On the upside, my students were mesmerized with the volcano and didn't even realize I was towering over them. 
5. The best substitute and parent in the WORLD (I had 2 of her children in Kindergarten) wore the same thing to school today as I did! ha We didn't even plan it......I guess great minds think alike. And a Happy Friday it was {PTL}! Off to enjoy the weekend. Head on over to Doodle Bugs to check out some other Five for Friday posts and be sure to link up!
            

9 comments:

vicky1970 said...

Hi Erin,
You two are soo cute. Great minds do think a like for sure! Congrats on being an auntie! I wish they had gender reveals when I had my kiddos...13 and 11 years ago. Such a great idea!
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

Cupcake said...

I love that shirt!! I think I need it :)
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Second-grade-alicious said...

Cute Shirts!

Unknown said...

I love the gender reveal party idea! I could never have waited that long - I started texting before I wiped the ultrasound jelly off my belly last time! LOL! So cute! I love your blog -so happy I found you through the Five for Friday linky!
Heidi

Unknown said...

Hi I love your blog!! Just found it through the linky. I'm your newest follower!

✿Sue✿
Science for Kids Blog

Betsy said...

Love your blog and all of your fabulous ideas! Was wondering where you found your Happy Friday t shirts?

Betsy

Chrissy said...

Great pictures! Congrats on your nephew's arrival in Sept. (or before!)

We have 25 days left. Spring needs to arrive SOON, so we can get back outside at recess. My kinders are BoUnCiNg off the walls!

I just posted pics from our trip to The Butterfly House and would love for you to drop by my blog!
ReadWriteSing

Learning with Mrs. Brinn said...

How cute are those shirts! Did you get them recently from any particular place?

congrats on being an aunt soon!

I am looking forward to my first gender party this week!
Gwen
Learning With Mrs. Brinn

Katie Mense said...

Must have that shirt, Erin!!! <3
Little Warriors