Friday, June 28, 2013

Five for Friday

It's Five for Friday ya'll and I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching. Ohmiword...my summer break is flying by! :( Please make it slow down. We have to be back August 1st. That's right people...AUGUST FIRST! And, yes, I just used "shouty capitals." I need more time for stuff like this...
1. PEDICURES! Check out my Patriotic toes. ha ha I wanted something fun, but not too tacky. Tina hooked me up at NT Nails (I love her) and incorporated the red, white, and blue without going over the top. That one nail is actually silver sparkles.  
2. I've been working in my room a little here and there. I decided to do a "face lift" on some of my bulletin boards (well all of them actually). I went with the fadeless black paper, double border, and letters from Creative Teaching Press. I drew the explorer and added the silk leaves to make it more 3D. Thoughts? I'm pretty pleased!!
3. In more important news...I finally decided to leave the stone age and purchase an iPhone 5. Lordy day...like I need one more obsession. I already go to bed with my laptop and iPad. Now, this has been added to the mix. I must give.it.a.rest. ha But, seriously, I do stinkin' LOVE it! I have downloaded a ton of apps already and literally cannot put it down. Any app suggestions that I just MUST have? Please share! 
4. I spent some time with Will's niece and nephew on Wednesday. I watched them for a bit while their Momma worked on a few things. You may remember me posting about them {here}. Would you look at how big they've gotten? They are the most beautiful babies in the world! Here is a little video I took of Kelsey...we were paying hide and seek. Her little laugh just makes my heart melt. Have mercy! And what is up with my weird baby voice? Does anyone else do that? I even talk to animals, puppies, my guinea pig, and occasionally my boyfriend (God love him) that way. Please tell me I'm not alone. 
5. Lastly, just a quick reminder about Google Reader going "adios" on July 1. Super sad day. While I love change, I also hate it. Every time Facebook goes on a mission to update stuff, I seriously do not switch over until I'm forced. As the old southern saying goes..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Amen? Anyways....please follow me on blog lovin' (just click the image below). I would be forever grateful and most certainly appreciate it. 
Have a super Friday! Be sure to head over to Doodle Bugs and link up. 

3 comments:

Halle said...

LOVE your bulletin board!!! I keep forgetting about the double border trick...I'm going to have to remember that come August :)

Halle
ap Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

She (Sprinkle Teaching Magic) said...

Cute toes! When I was little, my mom and I used to paint our toenails fun colors. She would call them popsicle toes. Love that! Congrats on your new iPhone! There are so many great apps! My faves include: my nike running app, CocoPPa(beware this is hours of time but turns the icons on your iphone adorable) Beautiful Mess, Red Stamp... So many! Hope you are having a great summer!

She
Sprinkle Teaching Magic
New Video: First Impression and Unboxing of Erin Condren Teacher Planner

Smoothie Recipes said...

Nice blog post.